QSBG hosted the "1st International Firefly Symposium" in 2008 with 100 participants from 17 countries attending and four day conference and field activities. The "International Firefly Symposium" next moved to Malaysia in 2010 and now is bound for the USA and a whole new North American firefly fauna. The "3rd International Firefly Symposium" is to be hosted by the University of Florida in Gainesville, during August 11-15, 2014. Those lucky enough to attend this symposium will be privileged to hear from Dr James E. Lloyd who is not only a doyen of firefly research, but was also kind enough to send a treasure trove of literature to Thailand at the start of the Royal Project on Fireflies. More information about the upcoming symposium can be found at:
- TWINPEAKS...OR PERHAPS NOT?
- AN "ALIEN HUNTER IS COMING"
- FROM "CATERPILLAR" TO "BUTTERFLY"
- LOCAL ENTOMOLOGIST DEPOSITS 5000 SPECIMENS WITH QSBG
- MALAYSIAN PUTRA UNIVERSITY VISITORS TOUR QSBG ENTOMOLOGY
- THE "ALIEN HUNT" STARTS
- QSBG ENTOMOLOGY VISITS A LOCAL BUTTERFLY FARM
- NAM NAO COLLECTION NOVEMBER 2013
- UPCOMING INTERNATIONAL FIREFLY SYMPOSIUM